Firstly, I believe that the camera work is a big contributor to what makes the show so enjoyable and relatable. Almost every shot in the Inbetweeners, the lighting is very dim and gloomy as to represent the weather in England, which is what contributes to the show being relatable to English people. Furthermore, the cinematography in the show is fairly basic which I feel compliments the show as it makes the show feel much more natural and compliments the comedy very well. For example, this scene from the Inbetweeners:
There is nothing too complex about the camera work which makes the scene feel much more natural (there is also no music in the background which compliments the scene well). If you compare this to the scene in the American remake of the Inbetweeners, you can see that the camera work is much more complex with uses of crane shots, which I feel takes away from the scene and makes it feel like much more of a production as opposed to a realistic interaction between people.
Furthermore the dialogue between the characters is one of the aspects that make the show great. The way that the characters interact and talk to each other is very realistic and relatable, I would like to emulate this type of dialogue in my film. I believe that this could be achieved through a slight improvisational tone to the dialogue as opposed to a more set-in-stone script that would feel more scripted and unnatural.

No comments:
Post a Comment